HEALTH STATUS OF STUDENTS IN INDIA.
- Children Constitute over one-third of India's population of 1.21 Billion people,which means India is home to 400 Million Children.
- Out of 400 Million children in India, every second child is malnourished (National Family Health Survey III- NFHS 2005-06) - It includes Urban Children also.
- Common Medical Conditions in Children often go undiagnosed owing to lack of proper preventive and follow Up Schedules.
- About 50% of Students have some undiagnosed medical problems.
- One in Four kids in Urban India is overweight or Obese.
- About 30% children have vision disabilities and about 50% of them are not aware of it.
- About 50% children have dental problems and most are not aware of it.
- About 3% children suffer from some hearing loss in one or both ears.
.... a basic gap in schooling that has crept in over the years. This is largely to do with the aspect of school health which has somehow been relegated to sporadic health check ups or in some cases a few hours of health instruction in the curriculum. It is imperative that something is done urgently to take up the issue of holistic health in school going children which includes physical, mental, emotional and psychosocial health......
-(Excerpt from the Circular issued by CBSE in 2010)
.... An effective school health programme can be one of the most cost effective investments a nation can make to simultaneously improve education and health.
Our School Health Services
We focus on building of Health promoting Schools with various activities such as...
Seminars and Workshops
Nutrition and Fitness
Mental Health and Psychosocial Development
Drug Abuse and Tobacco Counselling
First Aid and Safety Training
In-school Medical Facilities
Health Promoting Schools
....And Various Other Activities
I wish to extend my best wishes to health advantage for taking initiative for a noble cause of lromoting healthier habits in school children.
A healthy mind lives in a healthy body. I wish to congratulate Health Advantage for taking initiative for a noble cause for promoting health and wellness in school children and developing a habit for living a healthy life ahead.